Re: need to determine what RDF is

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Subject: Re: need to determine what RDF is
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:21:36 -0400 (EDT)

> My take in a nutshell. The core problem (our 'rdfms-assertion' issue, on
> my reading)
>
> RDFCore 1.0 RDF/XML documents have propositional content; they represent
> 'claims about the world'. What factors fix this content, ie. what
> is relevant when we set about considering whether some bundle of these
> RDF/XML-represented propositions are true or not?
>
> I don't think there is a simple answer. I wish there were...
>
> Dan

Hmm, this is not really what I was getting at, as it includes lots of
issues about the relationship between RDF graphs and the real world.

I'm only interested in relationships between RDF graphs.  Which such
relationships are RDF relationships?

My view is that the only such relationships are RDF entailment and RDFS
entailment.  Any agent that computes any other relationship between RDF
graphs is not doing RDF.  (Well, actually, I suppose that an agent could be
determining whether two RDF graphs RDF entail each other, which is
different from RDF entailment, but I think that you should be able to get
my drift.)

peter