Re: RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised) 2002-03-25

>>>Manos Batsis said:
>
> > From: Dave Beckett [mailto:dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk]
>
> > Would it be better to replace "Not used"
> > with "No mapping made to
> > data model nodes" ?
>
> Yes, please do.  It is very common even for techie people not to
> understand the mappings between the XML RDF serialization and the actual
> model / graph (IMHO, it's the main reason most do not understand RDF or
> find it complicated).

Now done in the editors draft version at
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/
  CVS version 1.270 or later

  in section 3
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Data-Model

> Including Infoset mappings made many people happy; perhaps the mappings
> between the XML RDF and the actual model (i.e. in N3) could also be
> explicitly made in the next draft?

The model is not in N3 - it is a graph, which we also sometimes write
down as N-Triples.  The explicit mappings to the model as N-Triples
are in the grammar section, not the introduction.   The introduction
section does show the RDF graph for the syntax examples.

The RDF Primer document goes into more detail of showing the graph,
RDF/XML and triples together.  See the examples in section 2.3 of
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/

Cheers

Dave