Re: I'm Confused About RDF: A Subject is Not A Predicate, etc.

Hi Ivon,

At 23:16 10/05/2002 -0400, Ivon Fergus wrote:
[...]

>Having deduced that much, I went to some of the relevant draft documents
>on the W3 website, seeking enlightenment. I briefly reviewed
><http://www.w3.org/RDF/>http://www.w3.org/RDF/ ,
>http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/ , and
><http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/>http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/, and now must
>confess that I am even more profoundly confused than before. Now, I am not
>an ignoramous, so I beg for the RDF primer that one of these documents
>alluded to, so that I can begin to understand these documents and thus RDF
>grammar, syntax, and effective usage.  Perhaps I should have looked at
>other web pages. Would at least one of you be so kind as to respond?

Could you tell us please which of these documents referred to the primer
but did not include a reference in the references section.  This is
something we should correct (I assume the your naming the same document
twice above, was a slip on your part).

As with most W3C working groups, RDFCore has an overview page which you
will find at:

   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/

This includes links to all the WG documents, including the primer which
Frank has specifically pointed out to you.  If you want to read more
extensively about RDF you should be able to find anything you need from there.

Brian

ps: your request for "at least one of us" to respond struck me as an
expression of frustration.  Have you tried to communicate with this WG
before and found us unresponsive?