Re: Issue http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-ns-prefix-confusioN

[not copied to the WG...]

Aaron Swartz wrote:

> Re: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Apr/0047.html
>
> > [[
> >   All elements and attributes in RDF must be namespace qualified
> > ]]
>
> What is the reasoning for "all elements" being part of this requirement?

Because that's the way it's always been; no change is
suggested regarding elements, I don't think.

> Many current RDF documents use default namespaces properly to default
> elements.

Right; such elements are namespace qualified.

> Is there a reason for disqualifying this practice?

No, using the default namespace on elements is fine.

Just note that there *is* *no* default namespace for attributes;
so you need a colon in them every time.

Getting exactly the right wording for issues like this
is practially impossible; no matter what words you choose,
somebody gets confused. We really need examples/test cases.

I'm in the middle of something else just now...