Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Michael, thanks for this. As may be clear, I'm interested in how we can use RDF, Linked Data etc but not any kind of expert. I'm just looking for guidance on what sorts of vocabularies we should use in our new (Drupal-based) web site. It has been very confusing to me that there is no such clear guidance; there seems to be a sort of inspired adhoc approach, which works perhaps if you know what you're doing, but not otherwise.

In this case, I'm looking for an ontology to encode events, ie workshops, conferences, training sessions, meetings. At the coarsest level, iCalendar is enough.

--
Chris Rusbridge
Director, Digital Curation Centre