[rdfweb-dev] attendance at events - vocab? (fwd)

interesting stuff from Jo on the foaf list.

Libby

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:57:29 -0800
From: Jo Walsh <jo@frot.org>
To: rdfweb-dev@vapours.rdfweb.org
Subject: [rdfweb-dev] attendance at events - vocab?

hello, ltns,

I've been collaborating a bit with the people at EVNT -
http://b.evnt.org/ , due a lot of new features soon, a
del.icio.us-like events aggregation service. They plan iCal
import/export and annotated RSS feeds for people and topics...

They're looking for ways to express claims about the attendance of
people at events, but in a forward-looking way :
'will-attend','may-attend','recommends' kind of relations.

Is there an event vocabulary covering this in the FOAF MeNowDoc type
diaspora? I see attendee/organiser predicates in the rdfical vocab,
but this is about statements of intent or avocation. They would be
useful statements to play with; is it even appropriate to do so in
RDF?

-jo