AW: Linking to an event from FOAF

From my experience in gnowsis,
I can report this way of "doing it",
which is near-realistic.

I will shortly define what a SUBJECTIVE URL and a PUBLIC URL is and how
the data can be created and communicated.

I am the publisher and make an entry in my personal Outlook Calendar.
There I have a SUBJECTIVE url that works for me. It is build using my
personal computer hostname (leo.gnowsis.com this is the pc i am sitting
at right now) and the ms-outlook ITEMID
this is the url:
rdfp://leo.gnowsis.com/msoutlook/appointment/00000000ECD4B99358B9814B9DA
FE2255CD8AE9A24422600

Then I can extract the outlook data to rdf (this is a dump I just did
with a query, it extracted this on the fly from gnowsis using RQL):
SELECT ?y, ?z WHERE
(<rdfp://leo.gnowsis.com/msoutlook/appointment/00000000ECD4B99358B9814B9
DAFE2255CD8AE9A24422600> ?y ?z)
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type
http://www.gnowsis.org/ont/msoutlook/0.1#Appointment
http://www.gnowsis.org/ont/msoutlook/0.1#Duration 30
http://www.gnowsis.org/ont/msoutlook/0.1#End 2003-09-30T12:00:00
http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label Answer Calendar discussion
http://www.gnowsis.org/ont/msoutlook/0.1#Start 2003-09-30T11:30:00
http://www.gnowsis.org/ont/msoutlook/0.1#AllDayEvent 0

I want to mention here, that the query is run "on the fly" and extracts
the data out of outlook, there is no buffering of these values in a RDF
datastore. This is similiar to the way many RDF people build
python/Perl/whatever converters of iCal.

This should be transformed to iCal somehow (uhmm, XSLT for RDF is still
missing, *sigh*)

Then post it per ftp on wome webserver
OR post it via soap in some PUBLIC calendar.

There you get a PUBLIC URL (in contrary to the subjective, personal uri)
you can do owl:SameAs to the SUBJECTIVE URL.
The url could be:
http://www2004.org/calendar/events.rdf#2004_01_10_www2004
(date not correct)

The public url is both:
Place WHERE to find the data and IDENTIFER for the single event.
I think in semantic web age, a uid like
0a780655c6a8437d62b02cf24e0381837b870963 is not very witty.

Then you communicate the PUBLIC URL to all people that are interested.

They connect it in their personal semantic web (f.e. they use my gnowsis
system as PKM tool in conjunction with outlook, Ical, whatever...)

After the meeting, all attendees can be published connected to the
PUBLIC URI using FOAF or whatever suits it.

With this approach as I have shown it, it is possible - using todays
technology - to enter, communicate and link an appointment. Using
standard software like outlook.
An unanswered question is the PUBLIC calendar that provides the PUBLIC
URL. Examples for this public calendar are not known to me but surely to
the rdf-calendar community.

greetings
Leo Sauermann
www.gnowsis.com