Re: Linking to an event from FOAF

thanks for sending this Vinar.

the ical:url proposal is interesting.

RFC 2445 says

[[
4.8.4.6 Uniform Resource Locator

   Property Name: URL

   Purpose: This property defines a Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
   associated with the iCalendar object.

   convey a location where a more dynamic rendition of the calendar
   information associated with the calendar component can be found.
]]

so that's actually more like your seealso property - i.e. a more up
to date version (as I interpret it anyway).

I think the uid is important, as it allows you to point to a specific
event (not a calendar) and many events will not necessarily have a
homepage. However this only works if there is already an event
description with a url somewhere that's 'authoritiative' somehow. There
may not be such a thing, or you might create one first and then the
conference does, so you might get people linking to yours and not the
conference's one, and so on.

I think combining foaf and RDFical is well worth persuing though I'm not
sure what the right answer is.

see also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2003Jun/0011.html

Libby