Re: A Japanese introduction to RDFical and CGI/XSLT

Another thought...we were just discussing best practice for adding
attendee and so on[1] to RDFical files using additional namespaces
such as foaf[2] and the geo namespace[3].

This is interesting because one usecase for RDFiCal is this mixing of
namespaces - see the Bristol RDF calendar workshop report for some
examples[4]. I have a few examples of how we might mix geo[5] and
foaf[6].
However sometimes this necessitates a different syntax for RDFiCal than
that produced by the current iCalendar to RDFiCal converters. e.g.

    <Vevent>
      <attendee rdf:parseType='Resource'>
        <calAddress rdf:resource="mailto:libby.miller@bristol.ac.uk"/>
	<foaf:mbox_sha1sum>289d4d44325d0b0218edc856c8c3904fa3fd2875</foaf:mbox_sha1sum>
      </attendee>

could perhaps be written as

    <Vevent>
      <attendee>
	<foaf:Person>
	<calAddress rdf:resource="mailto:libby.miller@bristol.ac.uk"/>
	<foaf:mbox_sha1sum>362ce75324396f0aa2d3e5f1246f40bf3bb44401</foaf:mbox_sha1sum>
	</foaf:Person>
      </attendee>

and sometimes implies an interpretation of the iCalendar specification
which uses a different namespace, e.g.

    <Vevent>
      <location>New York, Sheraton Hotel</location>
      <geo>
	<geo:Point>
            <geo:lat>40.442673</geo:lat> <!--invented GPS coords-->
            <geo:long>-79.945815</geo:long>
	</geo:Point>
      </geo>

[[
4.8.1.6 Geographic Position

   Property Name: GEO

   Purpose: This property specifies information related to the global
   position for the activity specified by a calendar component.

   Value Type: FLOAT. The value MUST be two SEMICOLON separated FLOAT
   values.

]]

So, a few of questions for the list:

* how do we feel about using different namespaces for iCalendar
properties? (as in the geo case)
* how do we feel about altering the syntax of the RDFiCal generated by
the ical2rdf tools to make it easier to add say foaf or geo properties?
* should ical2rdf tools optionally generate foaf properties too, e.g.
for mbox_sha1sum for attendee?
* do we need a best practice document for combining namespaces in this
way with RDFiCal? (I think we do)

and one for Masaka:

* would you consider making
http://kanzaki.com/docs/sw/rdfical-a-matic.html generate foaf and geo
properties, assuming we could come up with a best practice for doing so?

comments appreciated,

Libby

[1] http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/2003/11/08/2003-11-08.html#1068293503.212577
[2] http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/