Re: Re: opening hours RDF cal use case

Maybe.  I took my lead originally from some RDF class schedules I found on
the web (I forget where, but used FOAFNAUT to locate instances of the
hybrid schema URIs).  I don't recall seeing FREEBUSY terms in the RDF
vocabulary.

Also, from very vague recollections, isn't FREEBUSY designed to find
possible meeting times without disclosing details of one's schedule?  If
so, then opening hours seems like a different requirement, in that the goal
is precisely to publish one's schedule.  OTOH, it may be a better fit for
the 'Currently [OPEN]' requirement.  Then, I question, where is the
matching logic to be implemented?  My view is that as much as possible
should be done in RDF with common tools.

#g
--

At 10:10 13/03/2003 -0800, GRAHAM.GILMORE wrote:

> > I think the 'Currently [OPEN]' aspect is an interesting challenge, as I
> > think it will require some inference capabilities that are knowledgeable
> > about time and calendar values.  But I don't see that as a data-mixing
> > problem, which seems to be your thrust.
>
>         I haven't followed the capabilities of the iCal->RDF conversion
> tools too closely, but wouldn't a VFREEBUSY be a better representation of
> "opening hours" than a VEVENT?  It implies that the the subject is
> available whenever it's not explicitly marked as busy, rather than having
> to figure out that this particular VEVENT defines opening hours (as
> opposed to, say, a sale, closed for renovations, etc. etc.).
>
>         Graham

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>