Re: Question/Anomaly regarding LOCATION in iCal

At 12:54 PM +0100 9/23/02, Terry Payne wrote:
>People,
>	I've just been trying to resolve a couple of issues with the
>hybrid-ical ontology, and noticed that there is the property LOCATION
>whose range is ical:TEXT.  Fair enough.  But there are also two other
>properties (ALTREP & LANGUAGE) who's range is also LOCATION, i.e. a
>property which is the range of a property.  Is this legal?  I've an odd
>feeling that it might be, but then what exactly does it mean?

In the XML representation, a distinction is drawn between properties
and attributes. ALTREP and LANGUAGE are attributes, LOCATION is a
property.  A component can have properties, and properties can have
attributes.  This is a little confusing, because what RFC 2445 calls
"property parameters" are called "attributes" in the XML
representation.

At least that's my reading of it, and the way I've been implementing
it in Sosigenes.
--
Gary McGath, Software Consultant
http://www.mcgath.com/consulting/