RSS+events app/palm and coldsync for Mac OS X

I've improved my little rss+event calendar agent a bit, fixing some bugs
and allowing preloading of data and searching.

http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/downloads.html#rdfcal
http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/rdfcal.tar.gz

I've also managed to get coldsync working with Mac OS X which has been a
struggle to say the least, not because it wouldnt compile (it does,
though with lots of warnings).

The problem was that that the Palm software for Mac OS 9 (which I need
for my palmpix stuff at the moment) didn't backup to pdb files, so I
couldn't grab my palm events using Dan Connolly's PalmAgent or my
script.

I have a serial Palm cradle, connected to the iBook USB port using
Palm's serial to USB connector. Unfortunately it seems that this
connector is not well documented, and drivers aren't available for it
for Mac OS X. Anyway, you can do it: you need a serial (not a USB)
cradle, and you need a *Keyspan* serial to USB connector and the relevant
drivers: http://www.keyspan.com/support/macosx/usa/

When you connect your palm via the Keyspan cable you get a new port
under /dev/

Then you run coldsync with the -p option and do a backup, e.g.

/usr/local/bin/coldsync -v -p /dev/cu.USA19QI11P1.1 -mb palmbackup/ DatebookDB.pdb

I thought I'd write a note to here because it took me so long to find
out the information myself.

cheers

Libby