Re: Why do we need RDF calendaring?

Ok, this is a very interesting approach. So rather than describing
calendar events themselves in RDF, you want to describe software
interfaces and configuration in RDF. This is quite general, but
calendaring might be a good application of it.

I reckon one of the most interesting applications of this might be a
distributed scheduling system in which you could describe your personal
or organisational calendar service in RDF and have other software
communicate with it to organise meetings and so on. This is rather like
what the ietf were aiming for with email with the iCalendar
Transport-Independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2446.txt

My colleague Jan Grant is interested in this sort of thing - Jan has
pages at

http://ioctl.org/jan/cal/

Libby