RE: RDF Calendar todo list

Just to add a couple of quick thoughts - I'm more familiar with iCal than I
am with RSS (but I am getting up to speed).

The intention behind not using UTC offsets included the following points:

1. - preservation and impartation of user/organizer information -
specifically the NAME of the timezone - which differs even within the same
offset (and by season i.e. Eastern Standard, Eastern Daylight - in the US
with differing names in Canada or Brazil)

2. - for events impacted by Daylight shifts (and more to the point,
providing enough information to know) - whether by the initial occurance, by
the duration of the initial event, or by way of a reoccurrence.

To offset the requirement that timezones be used, iCal has a requirement
that all utilized timezones be communicated along side the objects that use
them - whether in a flat file, or though a messaging communication (iTip,
iMip, CAP).

So, if the RSS event feed type system is not going to deal with reoccurring
events that may address partially point 2, but it does not address point 1 -
namely communicating and offering for display information in a the most
human readable/understandable format possible. Canadian users do not like to
see US timezones to take a simple example.

Shannon