Re: XML Query Languages

Interesting is also XDuce which is a typed functional programming
language that is specifically designed for processing XML data.
Maurice van Keulen.

Jonathan Robie wrote:

> XSLT and XQuery are in very active use, and are very widely
> implemented. XQL is a precursor to XPath, and the inventors of XQL and
> XML-QL put their later efforts into XQuery, which is the language they
> now endorse. I don't know how active Lorel or XML-GL are.
>
> Also of interest are extensions to existing languages to support
> various subsets of XQuery, such as Microsoft's LINQ and IBM's XJ.
>
> Jonathan
>
> konmpek@it.teithe.gr wrote:
>> I have my final project in my university,and i have to find and
>> compare all the
>> xml query languages.I have focused until now at Lorel, XML-QL, XQL,
>> XML-GL ,
>> XQuery and XSLT. Are there any other languages to search? Does the
>> most of these language (like xml-ql,xql and xml-gl) work nowadays?
>> XDuce is also a usable language? Thank you,
>> kostas

>> This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/

Dr.Ir. M. van Keulen - Assistant Professor, Data Management Technology
Univ. of Twente, Dept of EEMCS, POBox 217, 7500 AE Enschede, Netherlands
Email: m.vankeulen@utwente.nl, Phone: +31 534893688, Fax: +31 534892927
Room: ZI 3039, WWW: http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~keulen