Re: xq update: what gets deleted when you delete a node?

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:50:57 GMT
To: www-ql@w3.org

me> what's the value of $a if it holds a deleted node?

answering my own question to close the thread and save anyone else doing it..

The current spec only defines upd:applyUpdates being applied to the
topmost expression, so the value of $a is the value it had before the
deletion, the deletion is pending and only happens after the whole thing
has been evaluated.

David

http://www.star.net.uk