Re: Recursive replacement

David Carlisle wrote:

>Hmm I'll leave that one for a WG member to answer.., I think that you
>should get get an error from
>http://www.w3.org/TR/xqupdate/#id-extensions-to-existing
>
>  All the pending update lists generated by the previous step are merged
>  by successive invocations of the upd:mergeUpdates operation. If the
>  upd:mergeUpdates operation signals an incompatibility, a dynamic error
>  is raised [err:TBD].
>
>But I don't actually see that in the table in
>http://www.w3.org/TR/xqupdate/#id-compatibility
>which has side condition "Not compatible if t1 is t2." in some cases
>looks to me as if it should be t1 is an ancestor to t2

I wish I could leave it for a WG member to answer too ;->

Seriously, I think you're right, David, if t1 is an ancestor, there is
an incompatibility. We'll doubtless be discussing this question during
our face to face meetings this week.

Jonathan

--
Read my Blog: http://blogs.datadirect.com/jonathan_robie/