Re: early version of the XML Query Test Suite

Michael Kay wrote:
> You have to accept that it's intrinsically unlikely that a test suite
> produced by W3C, or by any other organization, will happen to be organized
> on the same lines as the one you have designed in-house.

Well, yes.  I'm quite prepared to convert my existing test suite
framework to a standard framework.  But that assumes the latter is
reasonably easy to extend and use for regression-testing.  There is no
inherent reason why that cannot be, but I understand it might not be a
priority for the W3C to design a more "convenient" framework.

I do suggest at least putting test cases and associated expected results
in the same directory.  It would be nice to put catalogs in the same
directory too, though that seems to imply some catalog nesting or
indirection (catalog of catalogs) mechanism, since presumably one
doesn't want all the tests in one directory.
--
	--Per Bothner