Re: XQuey

My email from yesterday was incorrect.  It turns out
that, indeed, the children following an attribute
are included in the following:: axis applied to that
attribute.  The root of the problem is that the XPath 2.0
data model does not specify the following constraint
(which is specified in the XPath 1.0 data model):

  "The attribute nodes and namespace nodes of an element occur before
   the children of the element."

Given this constraint, the formal definition for the following:: axis
is incorrect and should be changed to:

[following:: NodeTest] ==
[ancestor-or-self::node()/following-sibling::node()/descendant-or-self::NodeTest
 union
 typeswitch
 case attribute() return parent::node()/child::NodeTest
 default return ()
]

I cannot find a prettier way to define following.  If you can,
please let me know.
Thanks,
Mary

--