From: "Bas de Bakker" <bas@x-hive.com>
To: "Torsten Grust" <Torsten.Grust@uni-konstanz.de>
Cc: <www-ql@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 6:08 PM
Subject: RE: IfExpr has a mandatory else clause

Obviously the empty sequence.  I often find myself writing expressions
like

if (expr1) then expr2 else ()

so as a matter of convinience, one could allow omitting the else clause
if its value is the empty sequence.  This is simply a syntactic
shortcut.  It has also been proposed to allow "where" without "for" or
"let", achieving the same effect:

where (expr1) return expr2

Bas de Bakker
X-Hive Corporation