Re: Ancestors and siblings

Oops, I see you did point it out below.

Well, the passage in question states

  "Additionally, implementations are allowed but not required to support the
other six axes from XPath: ancestor, ancestor-or-self, following,
following-sibling, preceding, and preceding-sibling."

As Michael Rys replied below, that's correct.  XPath still has them, but in
XQuery they're optional.  If you find this passage confusing, reply
privately and perhaps we can work out a better wording.

As a personal aside, I think you'll find that most implementations which are
based on a prior XPath implementation go ahead and provide these axes, while
many implementations that are completely new (and don't also implement XPath
2.0 or XSLT 2.0) do not, at least not yet.

Sorry for any confusion,
michael