RE: xf Namespace

From: Ashok Malhotra <ashokma@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:28:51 -0700
To: <Mark_R_Maxey@raytheon.com>, <www-ql@w3.org>
The prefix for the user-visible functions in the Functions and Operators
document has been changed from xf: to fn:.

The functions are contained in the namespace
http://www.w3.org/2003/05/xpath-functions.

The XQuery document states that "...and the prefix fn: is considered to
be bound to the namespace of XPath/XQuery functions,
http://www.w3.org/2003/05/xpath-functions (described in [XQuery 1.0 and
XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators]
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/#FunctionsAndOperators#FunctionsAndOperator
s> )."

Users can, if they wish, define some other prefix for the functions
namespace.

All the best, Ashok