RE: request for practical usage examples of XQuery

At 11:22 AM 6/5/2003 +0200, Kay, Michael wrote:

>The archives of the xsl-list at www.mulberrytech.com give you an immense
>database of the coding mistakes that beginners make with XSLT, and the areas
>where people have design problems, but it tells you rather less about the
>stylesheets that people have successfully developed and put into production.

True, and there may be another problem with the xsl-list archive: I'm
looking for tasks that are related to querying in XML. Although there is
not a very clear distinction between querying and transformation, I assume
that the problems that are addressed with XSLT differ from the problems
addressed with XQuery.

>For XQuery, you might find it useful to ask users of Tamino on the forum at
>http://developer.softwareag.com/tamino/
>
>Not many Tamino users will yet be using version 4.1 (which introduces XQuery
>support) in live applications, but they may be able to tell you what they
>are doing with previous releases or what they are currently developing.

Excellent idea, just posted a message.

Thanks for the reply!

Joris