RE: request for practical usage examples of XQuery

XSLT examples from "real life" are of course rather easier to come by than
XQuery examples, as the language has been out for 3.5 years, while XQuery is
still in draft.

The archives of the xsl-list at www.mulberrytech.com give you an immense
database of the coding mistakes that beginners make with XSLT, and the areas
where people have design problems, but it tells you rather less about the
stylesheets that people have successfully developed and put into production.

For XQuery, you might find it useful to ask users of Tamino on the forum at
http://developer.softwareag.com/tamino/

Not many Tamino users will yet be using version 4.1 (which introduces XQuery
support) in live applications, but they may be able to tell you what they
are doing with previous releases or what they are currently developing.

Michael Kay
Software AG