Re: Variable Declaration in Query Prolog

Michael Rys wrote:
> That's seems right, but the grammar is not the issue. The issue is that
> LET bound variables (and FOR bound variables) are currently typed by the
> expression and not by an explicit type declaration. Asserting types is
> done by an ASSERT.

However, the Query-prolog does seem to need some way to define a
"parameter" (such as a filename) passed in from the environment,
rather like XSLT's 'param'.  This seems rather essential; is there
some reason it's missing, or perhaps I just overlooked it?
--
	--Per Bothner