RE: Concern: XQuery <> valid XML

At 03:24 PM 2/28/2001 -0600, Jeff Chapman wrote:
>Frankly, when I first read through the FLWR discussion in the Draft, it took
>fully a day before I realized that it wasn't effectively a Macro language
>that would be converted to valid XML later--perhaps with some sort of
>preprocessor.  Is it possible to have our cake and eat it too?  This might
>mean implementing XQuery in valid XML syntax and defining a preprocessor
>that would convert FLWR expressions to the equivalent valid XML

I have an XQuery parser that does create such an XML representation. This
is a very reasonable approach.

Jonathan

These are my opinions right now. They may be quite different from the
opinions of Software AG, the W3C XML Query Working Group, or the opinions
that I will have after reading and considering your response.