Re: Working draft of XQuery

In the grand scheme of things, we need to be able to name all XML Schema
types, including not only primitive data types, but also document node
types (element, attribute, node), local element names, complex types, etc.
We also need to be able to specify whether type references should include
derived types.

We aren't there yet. That's what issue 5 is about. We are working together
with the Schema Working Group to find a way to unambiguously refer to any
of the things that I mentioned in the first paragraph.

Jonathan