Re: another new version of QAH

Per telecon, we're supposed to take further discussion of placement of
these 5 initial use cases to email.  There are two views -- keep 'em up
front, or distribute them into context...

At 12:07 PM 4/26/2004 -0400, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:

>It would be great if there was some connection between the 5 simple
>stories and the stories within the QAH.  A reason to keep them is that as
>use cases, it quickly orients the reader as to what/how the QAH is useful
>and the fact that there are templates to use.
>
>I suggest introducing it differently - something like.
>Here are 5 use cases for using QAH.  Told as stories, they illustrate when
>and how the QAH could be helpful to chairs and staff contacts.  They cover
>five different situations that chairs and staff may encounter over the
>life of the WG:
>1. Think about quality early.
>2. Jump-starting a testing effort
>3. Test suite transfer
>4. Test suite licensing
>5. Test Suite processes
>
>And then, have Story 1....Story 2.... etc.

This would be easy enough to do.  See for example today's editor's draft:

http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2004/04/QA-handbook#Five-stories

Do others like the idea?  (Or ... does anyone *not* like it?)

>At 10:58 AM 4/26/2004, Dom wrote:
>>[...]
>>A few comments as I read this:
>>- regarding the 1st issue (stories grouped or distributed), I keep
>>prefering the stories in context ; I think they make more sense ther. I
>>guess putting them at the start of the sections is good, but I don't
>>have a strong opinion

The way we left this in telecon was:  up-front for now.  If anyone wants
"distributed", send specific proposal with:

** where (exactly) in the modules does each story (1-5) go?
** what happens with any existing story that is already there or nearby?
** any other integration needs?

-Lofton.