Re: [QA Ops] QA CR and WG charters

At 09:17 AM 9/17/2003 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:

>Hi,
>
>A comment has been made by the OWL WG, which raises a fair enough point.
>If they try to implement the QA Ops GL, they may have to modify their
>charter to comply with the checkpoints:
>         CP 1.1 Where it's explained in the Examples and Techniques. Amend
> a charter for an existing WG.
>         CP 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 too.
>
>- What's happening if they modify their charter to try the QA Framework
>Ops GL and notice later on, that the CP has disappeared.
>- What's happening if they notice that they will engage themselves in a
>process they don't want now.
>- Is there room for a thought experience during our CR phase. So WG trying
>to do like if they were making it real, but not really. For example write
>a mockup charter, like if they had to comply and report what are the problems.

I agree with this suggestion.  It would be a terrible burden to really make
significant changes that could later be obviated by changes to our
drafts.  I wholeheartedly endorse the idea of WGs providing a mockup to
meet our requirements, without making actual changes.

Mark

>Suggestions?
>
>--
>Karl Dubost - http://www.w3.org/People/karl/
>W3C Conformance Manager
>*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***

Mark Skall
Chief, Software Diagnostics and Conformance Testing Division
Information Technology Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970

Voice: 301-975-3262
Fax:   301-590-9174