Re: SpecGL problems/issues for telcon 28 Oct

Here are a few more comments on SpecGL issues and "@@@" flags...

At 11:18 AM 10/25/02 -0400, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:
>The following are a list of the problems/issues identified in the latest
>version of SpecGL http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2002/10/qaframe-spec-20021025
>and marked by @@@.   I've indicated the items I think are the highest
>priority.  Unless someone suggests indicates a preference/priority, my
>intention is to address the ** in order
>
>SpecGL problems/issues
>
>** indicates priority.
>* indicates we can deal with this quickly
>
>[...]
>7.2     reword CP or its TA

How about CP rewording:  "Define support requirements for deprecated
features".  And leave the fulfillment criteria more or less as is.

>7.3     applicability of CP to class of product

(Note.  7.4, not 7.3).  Thoughts

1.) yes, it is okay (if the  assertion is true about "producers") -- its
applicability ought to be clarified and qualified.

2.) is the assertion true?  seems like it.  But ... how about this
scenario?  ZML 2.0 deprecates feature "Blah", and explains that producers
can achieve the same effect by generating "Foo" and "Bar".  Doesn't this
also tell ZML 2.0 consumers that they can handle ZML 1.0 content by mapping
Blah to Foo+Bar?

>G9 rewritten, general consensus

I keep thinking that there is a nice way to combine CK9.1 and 9.2, without
losing any requirements.  For example,

9.1:  "Define whether or not conformance is strict."
         (Subsumes the "if allowed" and "not allowed" parts of 9.1 and 9.2)
9.2:  "If extensions are allowed, completely define their scope and
constraints".

All for now,