New teleconference schedule

QAWG participants --

Our new teleconference schedule is approved:  every Monday, 11am Eastern,
1-1/2 hours *nominal*.

As discussed at Tokyo, we will try when possible to plan agendas for 1
hour.  However, also noted at Tokyo:  between Montreal and Tokyo, we used
1.2 hours per week (average), even though our regular slot was 1.5 hrs
bi-weekly.  I.e., to maintain our output level, we had lots of extra
teleconferences.

We have discussed the idea of partitioning the 1-1/2 hours, so that the
last half hour is for editors discussion, etc.  We can try this, but I am
concerned that could be problematic -- if discussion drifts to something
substantive, then absentees might object.

We'll see how it plays out, but it might just be the case that we need the
together time (especially when publications are pending).  Technical email
discussion within the QAWG is often minimal.  Given that each participant
has in theory committed (according to Charter and call for participation)
to 4-8 hours per week, should 1-1/2 hours of teleconference time be
considered excessive?

Any further thoughts or suggestions?

Btw, at Tokyo there was the suggestion:  start on time.  This morning,
people joined still in a steady stream from 1-10 minutes past the hour.  It
is pretty difficult to get any real work done in those circumstances, even
though we had the minuter arranged in advance and were doing roll call.  On
the plus side, we were almost ready to go at 8:10 (MDT), rather than just
starting to get minuter and do roll call then.

-Lofton.