For "QA Reference Document" -- telcon minutes

Olivier,

 From your message of about two weeks ago...

At 11:59 AM 12/20/01 +0900, Olivier Thereaux wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 19, 2001, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>
> > Do you anticipate
> > to continue to maintain it and fill in details, such as the answer to the
> > Minutes circulation question?
>
>I think maintaining the document to match the way we work would be a
>good thing. ("reference document" for the newcomers, for example).
>I can maintain it.

Here is a contribution which could be included, summarizing how we have
been doing telcon minutes:

### start ###
We do "quick minutes" -- plain text in email -- and link into the archive
from the minutes list on the QA Web site.  This is per the suggestion in
http://www.w3.org/Guide for "Quick and Dirty Minutes".

1. The scribe should start with telcon-template.txt from ../QA/Group web page;
2.  Scribe calls roll, and transfers names from the template's master
WG-members list to "Absent" and "Regrets";
3.  After the telcon, scribe lists new action items and responsible person;
4.  Relatively soon after the telcon, scribe circulates clearly marked
"Draft Minutes" to the WG mailing list, www-qa-wg@w3.org.
5.  Allow about a week for comments/corrections.
7.  QA Web site team enters link from ../QA/WG to the minutes message in
www-qa-wg email archive.
8.  QA co-chair (any one) sends simple email announcement to IG
(www-qa@w3.org), saying that minutes are available on the Web page ../QA/WG.

The job of scribe rotates through the WG membership.
### end ###

> > Especially if "yes", would it make sense to have a link to it from
> > .../QA/Group?  That would make it easy to find by WG members, for example,
> > who have taken draft minutes and want to know "what next?"
>
>As you probably know, /QA/WG/ and /QA/IG/ have been re-designed
>according to these rules and the yet-to-be-clarified style rules.
>/QA/Group/ is next on the list, will be done before the telcon, and I'll
>link the (updated) logistics document from there.

Okay.  Would it also be useful to put "Telcon Template" -- the .txt file
mentioned above -- there on that page, prominently linked?  See for example
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group.

Regards,
-Lofton