From: www-qa-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-qa-wg-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Lofton Henderson
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 04:18 PM
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Clarification on spec categories [was: Where "Rules for
Profiles" fit into Spec Guidelines]

QAWG -- other opinions solicited...

I initially agreed with Dave's suggestion, but have re-thought it.

I'm concerned that we not tie the (probably unreviewed) table to a WD which
does now have QAWG consensus for publication.  I said "unreviewed", because
there were no replies to Dom's original circulation -- unless everyone
agreed 100%!  For this reason, I'm a bit nervous that we link it from the
published WD, despite Dom's disclaimer at the start.

0.) As Dave suggested.

1.) SpecExtech:  put it there, and put a note in SpecGL with a forward
reference to (future) Extech .

2.) Dom submit it to IG list for discussion after SpecGL publication (it
would be a good conversation starter!).

3.) SpecGL:  put a note in GL2, noting the existence of an an individual
contribution/exercise, pointing to Dom's archived email message (which
links to the table); maybe also strengthen disclaimer at start of Dom's
document.

4.) 1+2

5.) 2+3