Re: SourceForge and issues tracking

To begin with, let me give the correct pointer to the actual DOM TS
project at sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/domconftest/

comments inlined

Kind regards,

/Dimitris
On Wednesday, December 19, 2001, at 02:58 PM, Lofton Henderson wrote:

> Hi Dimitris,
>
> Dimitris, I have been looking at SourceForge, per your pointer for the
> issues-tracking topic.  I don't exactly know my way around yet.  But a
> search on "issue tracking" turns up about a dozen hits.  Is one of
> these the tool/project you use for DOM?
>
> I was looking at the DOM issues tables on
> http://www.w3.org/2001/12/DOM-Level-2-issues, which I assume are the
> result of the SourceForge tool.  Two thoughts:
>
> 1) It seems to cover all of the issue-tracking information items and
> clear presentation that we would need;
>
> 2) "Contingency" issue (if the tool became unavailable) -- most of the
> stuff (perhaps all) in your HTML tables could be pretty transformed
> pretty easily and automatically w/ XSLT into a simple XML "issue
> information" grammar such as Kirill and I were thinking about (the
> intermediate step to XHTML looks pretty trivial, probably wouldn't even
> need 'Tidy').

[dd] Actually, given that we don't use the sourceforge project for issue
tracking for the DOM in general, but only for the DOM TS (which is
something I should have pointed out, sorry for forgetting), I'll try to
relate my answer to DOM TS specific things: we've thought along the
lines of generating a simple intermediary format for quick browsing of
issues (we thought of posting this on the .../DOM/Test pages), like the
one you and Kirill proposed. However, I haven't managed to find out what
formats sourceforge as such supports. It's an action item on me, and
unfortunately it's stil pending. (I'll try to resolve this until
tomorrow's telcon).