(unknown charset) Re: [fairuse-discuss] Re: [Patents] Richard Stallman re: W3C Patent Policy

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Rik van Riel wrote:

> > > ... unless I'm not publishing to the US ;)
> >
> > no. if Brazil signs it and you publish in Brazil, or in any other
> > country wo signed the Hague treaty, then you may confront the legal
> > machine of a foreign country member of the treaty.
>
> So if I hit your car in France, you may sue me in Norway,
> where neither of us has ever been and which doesn't have
> anything to do with the incident ?
>
> regards,
>
> Rik

Yes.  If the Englobulators of Copyright get what they want, then they can
haul you into court in any country in the world.  This is called
"reduction of friction to promote world trade and universal peace and
authors' rights".

oo--JS.