Re: Data origin

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 04:49:10PM +0100, Ricardo Alexandre G. C. Martins wrote:
> My question is : how is stored the profile information in the client
> side ? I read about APPEL but I didn't understand how the information
> is stored there... For example, in vCard I know all data types and its
> values, but I didn't see this in APPEL or P3P...

Part of the answer already came from Giles Hogben. P3P or APPEL don't
talk too much about the client-side application. If you want to store
the data on client-side (like a wallet, like passport etc) or even
better profile the profiler, means, remember which info the client left
were, you might also use the P3P base-dataschema in the application on
the client-side. It is more flexible and extensible than vCard.

Best,
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/ERCIM
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead