Re: [EXTERNAL] auto-boxing

Quickly correcting the record:

"Deyan: no tool should auto-box"

I did not say / didn't mean to imply that. I said I see a different
emphasis:  If the natural clipboard UX requires cross-node ill-formed
selections, a tool should/could aim to support that.

The quoted sentence in my previous email was a reframing of your problem as
applied to spans in HTML, rather than my own opinion. Hence the scare
quotes.