Old-style numbers and calligraphic letters in OpenType math fonts

From: Frédéric WANG <fred.wang@free.fr>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:35:37 +0200
To: LaTeXML project <project-latexml@lists.jacobs-university.de>, Mozilla Math Developers <dev-tech-mathml@lists.mozilla.org>, "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
Dear all,

I've updated my repository of OpenType math WOFF fonts to add some CSS
rules for old-style numbers and calligraphic letters:

http://fred-wang.github.io/MathFonts/

So the current status from my testing is

- Asana Math and XITS have calligraphic variants.
- Asana Math, Neo Euler and XITS have old style numbers.
- Other fonts do not seem to have such variants (or they are proprietary
and I can test them).

I listed all the possible syntaxes, either with
font-variant-numeric/font-variant-alternates not yet enabled/implemented
in browsers or font-feature-settings with/without browser-specific prefix.

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic