Re: Make testsuite usable for non browser applications

Regina,

there's quite a few other variants than the mml files available.
I'm considering the test case Presentation/GeneralLayout/mfrac/mfrac7 as a sample.

The source files are the ".xml" files, they use an internal document structure. Here's an example:
	http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/testsuite/Presentation/GeneralLayout/mfrac/mfrac7.xml

The XHTML files have proper namespaces: e.g.:
	http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/build/main/Presentation/GeneralLayout/mfrac/mfrac7-simple.xhtml
or  http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/build/main/Presentation/GeneralLayout/mfrac/mfrac7-plain.xhtml

The .mml file has been prepared for inclusion in bigger pipelines, some of which are not namespace aware (in particular, anything to do with HTML5 tends to consider namespaces rather impolite). However, note that injecting the xmlns attribute by string manipulations is probably quite safe, since the files are all automatically produced by the same xml-generator. To date, there's no very formal requirement about the xml specifics about .mml files since we have no formal interop requirement. E.g. for some older apps such as Maple, it may be even better to make it with the m prefix.

If you wish that we make alternate mml files with namespaces, it is probably doable by changing our script (an apache jelly script) but wouldn't you need more than the .mml files? E.g. the png-files as comparisons or the comments?

thanks

Paul