Re: unrecognized actiontype in maction

On 29/05/2012 14:33, Frédéric WANG wrote:

>> So probably that should be fixed if the schema is rebuilt (or
>> alternatively of course we could amend the spec to say that a missing
>> actiontype be treated like actiontype="" and treated as an unknown
>> value, but that would be a change rather than a correction I think)
> That's not really a problem to me if the relax NG schema does not
> capture the whole accepted syntax, but of course it is good if that can
> be fixed. I think the alternative solution is a bit weird. If you don't
> want the default to be "required", maybe just set the default to
> "toggle" rather than an empty string (in both cases that will be a
> possibly incompatible change). But again, leaving it to required is fine.

I think the plan is that we keep this as "required" and I fix the schema
generation to match this.

The only other use of "required" default is for the "src" attribute of
mglyph. Here we plan to leave it optional in the schema (for mathml2
compatibility) and amend the existing note on the deprecated maction
attributes to say that if the deprecated mglyph attributes  are _not_
used then that indicates  MathML3 usage and in that case the src
attribute should be used.

David