Re: MathML for CSS profile

El vie, 08-07-2011 a las 21:22 +0100, David Carlisle escribió:
> On 08/07/2011 19:50, Juan R. González-Álvarez wrote:
> > for me (FF 3.6.18 under Linux), although rendering improves a bit.
>
> to try the css in firefox you need to use an example that uses a
> different namespace and adjust the css file accordingly.
>
> the CSS is designed to position elements with no default rendering into
> positions suitable for math layout. It is designed for browsers with no
> mathml support. If you use firefox, with correctly namespaced mathml
> elements, then the elements are _already laid out in math layout so the
> css has no possibility of doing the right thing.

The code by Hammond is already using the correct MathML namespace

<math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML" ...

and it continues without render correct even after adding the extra
mrows.

Could you give some concrete example of the code needed to render it in
FF 3.6.18?

> Firefox 3 is pretty old (firefox on my machine automatically updated
> itself to 8 today)

It is good to differentiate between LTS versions, non-LTS versions,
betas, and builds before writing webpages for browsers...

The version 3.6.18 is the current LTS version, was released in June 21,
and the updated version 3.6.19, still in beta, is scheduled for August
16

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6.18/releasenotes/

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6.19/releasenotes/

The other current version is the 5.0, which is not LTS in my OS, and was
also released in June 21

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/5.0/releasenotes/

The version 6 is still in beta and was released just yesterday

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/6.0/releasenotes/

Your version 8 is not even a beta,

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/8.0/releasenotes/

but the first Nightly build and was released the day 6.

Moreover, since the version 5 Mozilla uses the new fast version
tracking, where minor incremental updates receive a new version number.
The current version 5 is a kind of 3.7.1 version.