Re: Can one do \bordermatrix in MathML?

I'm less enthused than you are about your solution...  the markup doesn't
really capture the relationship of the tags to the rows/cols -- you wouldn't
purpose something like that for laying out table headings would you?

As you say, it has the advantage of working in MathML+CSS environments, but
unfortunately, IE+MathPlayer is not one of them -- it only is "close" in
that environment.

I strongly encourage filing bugs and pushing on implementors to fix those
bugs rather than resorting to "contortions" to get things to work.
Stretching chars and spanning rows/cols are important for several notations,
so it is not some obscure feature that needs to be implemented.

My two cents...

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~