De: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc@nag.co.uk]
Enviado el: viernes, 13 de noviembre de 2009 13:00
Para: Daniel Marquès Solé
CC: www-math@w3.org
Asunto: Re: How do you divide?

>  In order to highlight the residue, we usually wrap it with some kind
>  of mark. See attached file. Is that feasible in MathML?

You can use an menclose (I just tried it putting a circle round the
final 1, which worked fine).  But menclose doesn't, by default, have the
kind of diagonal line-half-circle-line annoation that you showed. But
if one of the standard menclose annotations is OK, or you are targetting
a specific renderer with an extended set, it should be feasible, yes.
Currently (I think) you'd have to just put the annotation on the final
digit, otherwise you will lose the column alignment, but so long as the
notation you choose is "mainly" to the right, perhaps this will be not
too bad a restriction?

the menclose notations can be one or more of:

("longdiv" | "actuarial" | "radical" | "box" | "roundedbox" | "circle" |
"left" | "right" | "top" | "bottom" | "updiagonalstrike" |
"downdiagonalstrike" | "verticalstrike" | "horizontalstrike" |
"madruwb") +

If it is too much of a restriction then you always have the fallback of
using an  image included by mglyph with the mark and adjust its
position with mpadded ie essentially consider this final mark as
artwork to be "manually tweaked" into the right place relative to the
calculation.

David