Re: How do you encode "a < b = c" in content MathML?

Do you mean in Content-MathML?
(in presentation MathML it is trivial).
This is a known limitation for both OpenMath and MathML and has been
such since everyone tells you that this is semantically equivalent to
A<B and B=C and C<D.
I guess this is exactly what we should use to introduce such "chained
operators symbol" but no-one has done it yet.

paul