Re: interesting developments -- Was: Enhanced support ...

William F Hammond wrote:
> "Robert Miner" <robertm@dessci.com> writes:
>

>> I thought you all might find this interesting.  According to the article,
>> all BioMed Central journals will be published with MathML:
>> . . .

That is great to hear, finally ...

> Something else that I heard in the wind this summer
> is a project to translate articles at the arXiv.
>
> (I don't think it's been mentioned here.)
>
> I managed to find it by googling:
>
>    arXMLiv:  http://kwarc.info/projects/arXMLiv/
>
> I can see statistics, but I'm not able to see the translated
> results.  Are they available?

Bill, this is a pet project of Bruce's and mine, the statistics and the
transformation currently only apply to the first (and critical) part of
the transformation from LaTeX to a LaTeX-near XML format of Bruce's. We
want to go for the next step when we hit 50% success rate in the first
step (this should be relatively soon).

We will keep you posted.

Michael
> And, for instance, might I inquire how 0709.3040 sails there?
> (It has at least one semantic error that passes LaTeX and is
> barely "visible" at line 887 and another likely problem at
> line 1166.)
>
> Cheers.
>
>                                     -- Bill

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,       Office: Research 1, Room 62
 Professor of Computer Science     Campus Ring 12,
 School of Engineering & Science   D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 Jacobs University Bremen*         tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
 m.kohlhase@jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase
 skype: m.kohlhase   * International University Bremen until Feb. 2007