Re: mathml and latex

Greetings,

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Cristian Bernareggi wrote:

> I read something about mathml and I used latex a little. Is there any
> online documentation about the relation between latex and mathml? Is
> there any  tool to convert from latex to mathml and viceversa?

Eitan Gurari's TeX4ht[1] can convert (La)TeX to MathML (I haven't had
to use it myself, but all I've heard about it is good), and he and
Sebastian Rahtz presented a paper at TUG00 about that and passiveTeX,
which converts in the other direction[2].

> As I'm blind I'm interested also in MathML and Braille. I read about
> a working group on Voice and xml but I'm particularly interested in
> Braille output. Is there any working group about it?

Dave Pawson (who I think has/had a connection with the RNIB) has done
work with angle-brackets and Braille.  I don't know many details
since, again, I've not had to use it, but there should be more details
at Pawson's pages[3].

Good luck,

Norman

[1] http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/