Re: MathML- Content markup, Modules, eXtensibility, and more thoughts.

Actually, I have the impression that OMDoc[1] might respond to most of
the requests...

Among others, it provides structuring at a higher level than at the
formula level, it provides, with this, an architecture to declare new
symbols and to define them, and it supports stylesheet-enrichments for
new symbols.

At least for these aspects, I think that it is a good choice which
follows the principle of "pure content" encoding as we are doing it
within the ActiveMath[2] learning environment.

Paul

[1] http://www.mathweb.org/omdoc
[2] http://www.activemath.org/