Re: a first hello and a question

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Remo Strotkamp wrote:

> > > By the way, has anybody ever thought about porting the jigadmin ( = new
> > > one ) to use jdk1.1.x with swing1.1.1??? Is somebody able to judge the
> > > amount
> > > of effort that would have to be put in such an effort????
> > > uuups it's more than one question now!!!!!
> >
> > That's probably not a big deal, but the Jigsaw Team is only 2 peoples, and we have
> > many things to do :(
> >

> I might think about doing it, but before I even start having a look at the source
> code,
> I thought I ask some body whether this would be a great effort or not..
> Like I am pretty ultra-busy myself actually :-)
>
> Would there be actually any interest in such a port???
> Cause just for me I won't do it!!!!!

Well, It almost work (I was just testing it on a linux jdk1.1), the only
thing missing is the drag and drop port on those boxes, as it doesn't work
quite well on the other 1.2 jdk, we may drop that for a while, and have
jigadmin ready for jdk1.1+swing.
More on that soon,

PS: yes we are both in Sophia-Antipolis, and I know eurecom, et oui c'est
tres joli ;)