From: Venkatesh Kumar A G [mailto:venkat@easi.soft.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 1999 1:36 AM
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Subject: Re: Jigsaw 2.0.1 problem on NT4.0

Hi,
  This happened to me. It happened on NT, SGI and also on DEC.

  Then I started the server and fired to browser to point to the images
directory. ie the
directory with images. After the images list came up as directory listing. I
started to browse
using my servlets, manual etc. Things were perfect. I needed to do this a
couple of times
then things were fine. I think Jigsaw does some indexing when a dir listing
is enforced.

Jigsaw team Please comment my finding.

Thanks
Venkatesh

kabir@our.st wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running to a strange (but consistent) problem on NT4.0/msie4.0 when
using Jigsaw 2.0.1:

> I installed software per instructions; server started up OK; initial root
url also serves fine.  But as I  browse the user docs, usually by the 3rd
page (for example docs on using Servlets), the _browser_ no longer seems
able to download(?)/display(?) image files!  In fact, at this point, the IE
browser can no longer download images from ANY site on the net!  (It
basically hangs on "downloading image...")

> Netscape 4.0 however doesn't display this behaviour.  Even when the IE has
gone south, communicator seems to work fine.