Re: configure mirror

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Qiang Lv wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I failed to configure a mirror site under a normal Jigsaw server. Here
> are my steps:
>
> 1. start jigadm.
> 2. add a VirtualHostResource named "mirror" under docs_space.
> 3. attach proxyMirrorFrame named "sample" to "mirror".
> 4. edit attributes of "sample", such as "mirror=http://mynewhost".
>
> then, in my understanding, "http://myjigsawserver/mirror/sample" will
> be the mirror URL of site "http://mynewhost". But my browser said that
> URL "was not found on this server"

VirtualHosting is the possibility to handle multiple sites using the same
server. The correct way to do this is:

Virtual (a virtual host resource with a virtualhostframe), set the
followup to root, it will be the default.
Then add the other hostname your machine have under the virtual frame

(I suppose the machine have 2 names www.mycompany.com and www.foobar.org

virtual

  |___ www.foobar.org

www.foobar.org maybe a Framed Resource with a Mirror Frame, or a
PassDirectory...

Then virtual should be set as being the root resource of the server (in
Properties).

If you only want to mirror another server and you have one name, you
should use a framed resource with a MirrorFrame, and set in its parameters
the URL you want to mirror.
Hope this helps,